Saturday 4 February 2012

Wrinkle Removal - Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum

Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum 25ml (RRP £125)


Let’s face it (no pun intended!), any product that seems to promote the gift of ever-lasting youth is always going to be expensive, but at £125 a pop? I expect to wake up with a face as smooth and clear as a ten year old. Being a natural born cynic Rodial’s Glamoxy Snake Serum is not something I’d ever have considered spending my own money on... Until I was sent this sample to play with. Dubbed “Botox in a bottle”, the serum mimics the effect of a South-East Asian Temple Viper's venom when it comes into contact with the skin, by apparently freezing the muscles. Trials have shownthat after just 90 seconds wrinkles are less noticeable - with a 52 per cent reduction within 28 days” and my personal trial showed a really amazing thing: I lost some of my lines! Not the big ones, but the smaller all but vanished. I’m not sure how you measure a 52% difference in skin tone, but it’s not hard to notice that there is definitely a difference. And what’s more, this product is actually quite pleasant to use; light and citrusy, but not sticky or greasy. Having read the rave reviews and celebrity endorsements (Cheryl Cole, Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham, Katie Holmes, Yasmin Le Bon, Bella Freud, Naomi Campbell, to name but a few, are all said to be big fans of the stuff), I was quietly determined to find a fault, to not be swayed by the marketing and there’s still something about the thought of it that makes me slightly queasy, but there’s no denying it; this stuff really works.

© Purple Peccadilloes

No comments:

Post a Comment