Thursday 26 January 2012

Fab Foundation - Lush Colour Supplement


Lush Colour Supplement – Light Pink Multi-purpose Base Colour 20g
Did you know that Lush did makeup products? No, me neither! This product is the company’s first foray into the realm and I must say that I found it quite intriguing. Designed to be blended in with your daily moisturiser (I used Lush’s Celestial Heavenly Moisturiser – 45g RRP £11.50 – a lovely light but nourishing cream for sensitive skin), the Lush Colour Supplement provides a very natural-looking coverage, but does it take some getting used to.


To begin with, like most foundations really, you will need to experiment. I found that a little – around half a pea of the supplement, mixed with an equal amount of moisturiser – was enough to do the job for everyday use, but this could be built upon for a more made-up look, or to cover blemishes.
Akin with all Lush products, this supplement is made from a blend of largely natural ingredients, in this case “a gentle cream base containing rose petal infusion, soya and rice bran oils - making it comfortable enough to wear all day without feeling heavy.” Lush have also opted to shun the recent foundation trend for minerals because they “worry about putting them on the face, especially on people with sensitive skin,” something I find rather refreshing.

With only four main colours to choose from, this may not be the foundation solution for everyone –I’m not sure that I could be bothered to faff around blending two Supplements and a moisturiser every morning – but it does offer a good portion of flexibility and I found it very easy to get to get a lighter, more natural look this way – I’m not much of a one for trowel application!
Overall, I really liked this product; with its versatility, vegan credence and light feel I found it to be a great option within this price bracket.
The Lush Colour Supplement  is £7.95 and available from selected Lush stores and online at www.lush.co.uk.  Lush also offer an alternative base colour range, the Jackie Oates Colour Supplement, available in four base tones at £7.95 for 20g.

Do you have any must-have Lush products? share them with me!

© Purple Peccadilloes


No comments:

Post a Comment