Thursday 26 January 2012

Wonderful Winter Scent - Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola!

Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! 50ml RRP £38
Firstly, I really must say, oh-my-word-what-a-beautiful-bottle! To be honest, I wouldn’t really mind what this eau de parfum smells like, with such a pretty bottle I’d probably buy it anyway! Launched in summer 2011, Oh, Lola! is described as ‘lively, playful, irresistible, stylish and cheerful’, which is quite a lot to ask of a fragrance, but as far as I‘m concerned it pulls it off with a certain amount of panache. The fragrance, signed by Ann Gottlieb, is a fresh and fruity blend, with floral notes of peony and a rich background of vanilla and sandalwood. Marketed as the younger sister of Marc Jacobs original scent Lola, there was always the possibility that Oh Lola! would turn out to be a paler imitation of the genuine article, but with the muting of the heavier floral base notes and the lifting of the fruity, this fragrance has an identity all of its own: light, fresh and a little bit flirty. The perfect scent for the young, and the young at heart.
·         Top notes: Wild Strawberry, Pear, Raspberry
·         Heart notes: Peony, Magnolia, Cyclamen
·         Bottom notes: Tonka bean, Vanilla, Sandalwood


What do you think of Lola? Agree with me? Disagree? Let me know!




© Purple Peccadilloes

No comments:

Post a Comment